A 3 year collaborative project, providing an integrated digital solution to address Bentley Motor’s business challenges.
As technical lead, the VEC provided innovative process models and cutting-edge virtual tools, bringing project management expertise and an in-depth understanding of the automotive sector.
The STRIVE project was delivered in conjunction with the Northern Automotive Alliance (NAA) and Liverpool City Region-based technology SME’s including former companies OPTIS Northern Europe and OPTIS Pristine (formerly Icona Solutions) and Valuechain.Download Case Study
Our support meant Bentley Motors could:
- Access new networks including academia, industry bodies and local technology SMEs
- Understand and explore SME technology in a technology agnostic space
- Co-create in a collaborative facility using state-of-the-art digital technology
- Reduced production length and quicker product-to-market times
- Be more agile by accessing the latest and most appropriate digital technologies for precision and quality purposes
- Seamless integration of new digital tools, reducing times to market
- Improved communication and improved processes across business functions
- Network relationships created and extended beyond the project scope
- Strengthening of automotive supply chain
- Upskilling staff and the creation of new jobs
- Growth in revenue
- Accelerate change
"The positive impact on the business gained from the deployment of the new toolsets at the Bentley site has been a direct result of this innovative collaboration between us, the VEC and agile Northwest SMEs. Existing ‘off the shelf’ hardware and software solutions, including toolsets already in use, did not offer the ‘step change’ we have achieved through STRIVE to reach our strategic goals. "
Manufacturing Project Leader