OPTIS are world leaders in the simulation of light and visual perception software supplying aerospace and automotive supply chains. Its solutions allow designers, ergonomists and engineers to simulate and optimise lighting performance, product appearance as well as the visibility and legibility of information on Human Machine Interfaces, in a fully-immersive environment.
OPTIS was keen to provide an improved UK platform to deliver greater expertise and support to their existing client base and develop new markets for its software.
OPTIS chose to locate its first UK operation on Sci-Tech Daresbury campus alongside the VEC to take advantage of the integration expertise, demonstration facilities and access to High-Performance Computing (HPC) available through the VEC.Download Case Study
Our support meant OPTIS UK could:
- Access to unique expertise and world-class facilities at the VEC including links to High Performance Computing through STFC's The Hartree Centre
- Gain access to a large working network of SMEs and businesses across the North West and UK
- Showcase products and capabilities through the custom designed Virtual Reality Visualisation demonstration facilities
- Enhance their simulation performance through an integrated bespoke solution
- Improve their offering and service to existing customers whilst attracting a new client base
- Gaining access to developing working relationships with key UK businesses such as Bentley Motors
- Provide further opportunities which can lead to accessing new markets
- Reduce project risk through greater understanding of design and manufacturing issues
- Accelerate speed of new products to market and accelerated access to new markets
- Enable business growth and ensure ability to compete in a global market place
"This partnership allows us to showcase our products and capabilities through the custom designed Virtual Reality Visualisation demonstration facilities and the expertise available from the VEC team gives us the capability to support our clients by providing an integrated bespoke solution and greater simulation performance. Working with the Virtual Engineering Centre will also provide opportunities for OPTIS to develop our UK business into markets such as Aerospace sectors. "