Groundbreaking nuclear research project.
The Nuclear Virtual Engineering Capability (NVEC) is a Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) funded programme and is part of a UK government research initiative, establishing a strong nuclear manufacturing and materials supply chain. Enabling the delivery of low cost reliable energy with reduced risk.
The NVEC core team, supported by partners and sub-contractors from industry, academia and science includes; Wood, EDF Energy, Rolls-Royce, National Nuclear Laboratory, Nuclear AMRC and the University of Liverpool’s Virtual Engineering Centre (VEC).Find out more
The project will
- Utilise real project applications
- Demonstrate improved efficiency
- Enable supply chain collaboration
- Be embraced to the nuclear community
- Develop and support a user community for the future
- Position the UK as a leader in Digital Twin and Virtual Engineering
"The University of Liverpool and its Virtual Engineering Centre helped us achieve all Phase 1 outputs in the development of a digital framework. Their specialist expertise has been invaluable in helping us to secure Phase 2 of this programme."