Future talent and skills workshop: An interactive session for employers
There are over 50,000 postdoctoral researchers in the UK. These are highly-skilled, adaptable and creative individuals and only 10% of them will go on to pursue an academic career long-term.
The University of Liverpool is leading a new initiative called Prosper which will open up the huge talent pool that exists within the postdoctoral research community to the benefit of organisations like yours.
Join the Prosper team for the first in a series of interactive workshops which will bring together a range of employers in order to understand:
- the key challenges you face
- the talents, skills and mindsets you need to build into your workforce to meet these challenges and ensure your continued success
These insights will inform and shape how we develop postdoctoral researchers for a range of careers.
Benefits of attending:
• Influence how Prosper shape the skills and mindsets of postdocs to the benefit of your organisation
• Learn more about the postdoc talent pool and how it can benefit you
• Join a network of stakeholders committed to sharing ideas and future-proofing their organisation’s post Covid-19
• Collaborate with the University of Liverpool on a flagship project of national significance and reach
Who is the event for?
• Employers, including SMEs, from any sector who are interested in the benefits of exploring the postdoc talent pool
• Managers involved in staff recruitment
The workshop will be held virtually, via Zoom. Four dates are available:
• Friday 25th September, 09:30 – 11:00
• Wednesday 30th September, 09:30 – 11:00
• Friday 2nd October, 14:00 – 15:30
• Tuesday 6th October 14:00 – 15:30
Working with a range of employers and partners including Unilever, National Museums Liverpool and Sci-Tech Daresbury, Prosper are creating a new approach to postdoc career development that will equip postdocs with the skills, attributes and mindsets required to thrive in multiple careers pathways, from manufacturing to marketing, policy to project management.
This co-creation with employers is what makes Prosper so unique. That’s why they’re inviting employers like you to develop Prosper with them, ensuring that it speaks to the needs of your organisation.
For more information, contact Katie McAllister, Prosper Stakeholder Engagement Manager, at email@example.com