OPTIS are world leaders in simulation of light and visual perception software supplying aerospace and automotive supply chains. Its solutions allow designers, ergonomists and engineers to simulate and optimize lighting performance, product appearance as well as the visibility and legibility of information on Human Machine Interfaces, in a fully-immersive environment.
OPTIS was keen to provide an improved UK platform to deliver greater expertise and support to their existing client base and develop new markets for its software.
OPTIS chose to locate its first UK operation on campus alongside the VEC to take advantage of the integration expertise, demonstration facilities and access to High Performance Computing (HPC) available through the VEC. The support provided to OPTIS from the VEC has resulted in OPTIS gaining contracts with key UK customers including Bentley Motors, through the custom Virtual Reality demonstration facilities and expertise to support co-design of new immersive design products.
This partnership allows us to showcase our products and capabilities through the custom designed Virtual Reality Visualisation demonstration facilities and the expertise available from the VEC team gives us the capability to support our clients by providing an integrated bespoke solution and greater simulation performance. Working with the Virtual Engineering Centre will also provide opportunities for OPTIS to develop our UK business into markets such as Aerospace sectors.
Chris Grieve, OPTIS UK Technical Manager
Key benefits include:
- Access to highly specialised Virtual Engineering integration expertise and facilities
- Access to High Performance Computing (HPC) to support high fidelity simulations
Supporting Optis UK to:
- Reduce project risk through greater understanding of design and manufacturing issues
- Accelerate speed of new products to market and accelerated access to new markets
- Enable business growth and ensure ability to compete in a global market place.
View Optis website http://www.optis-world.com/