NAFEMS | Improving HPC Adoption in Engineering Simulation
Date: Wednesday 10 February 2016
Location: The Place Aparthotel Ducie Street Manchester M1 2TP Tel: +44(0)161 778 7500 Web: www.theplaceaparthotel.com
NAFEMS is the International Association for the Engineering Modelling, Analysis and Simulation Community. The VEC will be delivering an as-yet untitled seminar.
The event will cover:
- How to get started with HPC - SHAPE initiative promoting HPC adoption for SMEs
- UK e-Infrastructure and academic/industry collaboration
- Accessibility from Windows platform, Virtual CAE Desktop, Cloud Computing
- Cyber security
- UK strategy for promoting HPC in industry, vision and aspirations, government view
- Benchmarking for performance and realism
- Future prospects for engineering simulation, Exascale and beyond.
Presentations will be made by key industrial and academic leaders in this field, along with short case study presentations by the main vendors in high performance computing.