Powering your manufacturing through Digital Transformation
Date: Wednesday 22 May 2019
Location: Daresbury Laboratory Sci-Tech Daresbury Daresbury WA4 4AD
Keep hearing about industrial digital technologies and how adoption can grow your business but not sure how it relates to your company?
About this Event
Would you like to understand how digital transformation can boost your competitiveness?
Join us at Sci Tech Daresbury where you will hear how to transform your business with digital transformation. Whether you’re at the start of your journey or a seasoned early adopter, You will get the opportunity to realise Digital technologies in action so you can visualise how they could be implemented in your day-to-day operations and hear real life experiences from North West manufacturing businesses who have adopted technology.
Learn first-hand about the newly launched Made Smarter programme - supporting manufacturers to digitise and innovate through expert advice, grant funding, leadership development & technical student placements. Get the opportunity to speak with a Made Smarter adviser who provide an overview of the support available to your business.
8:30am - Arrival, breakfast and drinks served.
9:00am - An Introduction from Alain Dilworth, Programme Manager Made Smarter North West Pilot.
9:10am - Digital Transformation presentation by Tim Andrews, Senior Consultant, Manufacturing Technology Centre, followed by a short Q&A session.
9:50am - Why is leadership an important part of the digital transformation journey for your business? A presentation by Lancaster University Management School.
10:00am - Break and the opportunity to view technology demonstrators.
10:15am - A selection of SME case studies:
- Chris Jones, Managing Director at Abbey Group, one of the first succesful applicants to the made Smarter pilot tells us about how and why Abbey Group decided to embark on a digital transformation journey and the benefits they expect to see.
- Stephen Greer, Sales Manager at Liverpool based Brainboxes, a manufacturer of data and I/O connectivity products talks about how digital technology has helped them grow and win new clients.
- CNC Robotics is the UK's leading robotics integration company specialising in advanced robotics systems for machining.
- Michael Gilbert, Development Engineer, will explain how they have used data to enhance their product capability.
- James Dearing, Engineering Manager at RS Clare & Co will share his experience, having begun their own digital transformation journey recently. He will discuss the decision making process, the benefits and plans for the future.
10:55am - Julian Ford, Industrial Digital Technology Adviser at Made Smarter shares some of the challenges facing North West SMEs and his experiences and findings so far whilst working on the programme.
11:05am - Q&A session led by Alain Dilworth.
11:20am - Networking.