AF Global and Subsea Connections Technology
Date: Wednesday 31 May 2017
Location: A F Global Corporation Unit 1 Tebay Retail Park, Tebay Road , Bromborough, WIRRAL, Merseyside
About this event
This visit will allow visitors to view Product lines and Engineering capabilities of AFGlobal and how we are working towards developing new technology to meet the needs of the Subsea environment including, AFGlobal’s latest and largest of ROV Operated connector developments the 36” Large Bore Connector.
Part of the overview will be to look at how AFGlobal identified the requirements for this project as well as the steps taken to complete the theoretical design and then quickly moved it to prototype testing to qualify the project, the design packages and design codes used as well as the expected applications for the product.
There will also be a brief introduction to other capabilities that the company currently and intend to offer in the near future, including but not limited to the Types of sealing technology within the ROV Connection and Diver Connection systems, Pressure and Load Test Capabilities and the New Buoyance manufacturing facility set to be completed in Late 2017.
This will then be followed up by a quick tour of the facility that will focus mainly on the machine shop and the Gas & Mechanical Test Bay.
- 18:00 - 18:15 Registration and Refreshments
- 18:15 - 18:20 IET Introduction – Andrew Kaldos
- 18:20 - 18:30 AFGlobal Corporation – Introduction, Keith Taylor, Managing Director
- 18:30 - 18:50 AFGlobal’s Innovative Sub- Sea Technologies - Kieren Schneider, Chief Development Engineer
- 18:50 - 19:10 AFGlobal’s Approach to Project Delivery - Chris Pearson Head of Projects & Delivery Manager
- 19:10 - 20:10 Site Visit
- 20:10 - 20:30 Questions and Answers and Visit Close
Reasons to attend
- This is your chance to visit this leading international subsea technology company
- Networking between engineers and experts in this field
- There are 2 CPD hours for this event - declaring this event can contribute 2 hours towards your Continuing Professional Development (CPD) as part of the IET's CPD monitoring scheme.
This is a free event
Please bring your safety boot/shoes for the factory visit
Please register here for this event