Part funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), LCR 4.0 creates a collaborative community that connects SMEs to expertise and support from key knowledge assets in the region.
A dedicated LCR 4.0 team helps SMEs explore the potential of Industry 4.0 technologies by providing support ranging from research and development, knowledge transfer and the acceleration of ideas from concept through to commercialisation.
LCR 4.0 will:
- Deliver fully subsidised support to SMEs in the Liverpool City Region.
- Enable collaborations between several businesses and partners
- Support new product development
- Create new jobs in supported businesses
- Create a virtual workspace for LCR manufacturing community
- Demonstrate the potential of data-driven innovation in manufacturing
LCR 4.0 supports SMEs engaged in manufacturing and the supply chain (including big science, life sciences, advanced manufacturing, low carbon and renewable technologies and digital and creative industries) within Liverpool, Sefton, St Helens, Wirral, Halton and Knowsley.